School Safety Procedures
HCS considers the safety and care of your children as a privilege and a spiritual priority for our ministry.
- Our campus is considered a secure campus. Doors and gates are locked during school hours, visitors are required to check in and wear a visitor pass while on the campus and staff wear identification badges.
- Volunteers helping are screened through the Department of Justice NSOPW website before working in classrooms or going on field trips.
- Fire, earthquake and lockdown drills are conducted in compliance with state codes. We utilize email as a notification system in the event of lockdown, and when lockdown drills are conducted. Food, water and additional supplies are available in the event of an earthquake.
- Selected staff are trained in CPR, first aid and on the automated external defibrillator (AED). An AED is available on the North and South campuses.
- We have campus security during schools hours and after hours.
- Monthly safety inspections are conducted on the campus along with weekly playground inspections.
- Interquest Detection Canine conducts unannounced visits to the campus to deter drugs, alcohol, explosives and contraband from being brought on campus.
- Security cameras are located throughout the campuses.